We have apple trees for sale, direct from our tree nursery at the croft!
There a number of varieties, dessert, and cooking, all of which are suitable for our northern climate. The trees are one-year-old and supplied bare rooted. Your tree comes with a tree planting kit (worth £5), to support and protect your tree in its new home which includes a tree guard, support stakes and ties, and a mulch mat.
Please note – We have limited quantities of each variety and some listed below may no longer be available.
The selection of Apple varieties we currently produce are as follows:
- Adam’s Pearmain – Medium sized dessert. Season Nov-Mar
- Ashmead’s Kernal -Medium sized dessert. Season Dec-Feb. Needs a sunny location to fully develop flavour, but worth the effort for the intense flavour.
- Blenheim Orange -Medium to large sized dual purpose. Season Oct-Jan
- Charles Ross – Medium sized dual purpose. Season Oct-Dec. Reliable and versatile, widely grown in Scotland.
- Discovery – Medium sized dessert. Season l Aug – Sep. Red, sweet and juicy.
- Egromont Russet – Medium sized dessert. Season Oct-Dec. Very distinctive rich nutty flavour
- Fiesta – Medium sized dessert. Season Oct-Jan
- George Cave -Small to medium sized dessert. Season Aug
- Howgate Wonder – Large (sometimes very large) sized cooker. Season Nov-Mar
- James Grieve – Medium sized dessert. Season Sep – Nov. An Edinburgh bred apple which, not surprisingly, does very well here in Edinburgh!
- Jonagold – Medium sized dessert. Season Nov-Mar
- Keswick Codling -Medium sized cooker. Season lAug-Oct
- Pixie – Medium sized dessert. Season Dec-Mar
- Red Falstaff -Medium sized dessert. Season Oct-Dec
- Red Windsor – Medium sized dessert. Season Oct-Nov
- Spartan – Medium sized dessert. Season Nov-Jan
- Tydeman’s Early Worcester – Small to medium sized dessert. Season l Aug-Sep. Beautiful strawberry flavour. Reliably good crop.
- Warner’s King – Very large sized cooker. Season l Sep-Dec
- Worcester Pearmain – Medium sized dessert. Season Oct-Nov. Very sweet with strawberry flavour. Heavy cropping
BEFORE ORDERING please contact Tom: firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure we have your preferred variety available!